Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ] 

Board index : Toy's Land : Mecha, Robots, Sci-Fi & Custom Made

Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm 
Offline
XL Expert
XL Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am
Posts: 1947
SKYWARP wrote:
Heheh, I know how you feel, bro.

Personally, the only repaints I buy are the seekers, since they appeared in the G1 cartoon as separate characters. The "made-up" ones like nemesis prime and "dark" rodimus didn't appear in the animation at all, so to me they are non-canon, which means I won't buy them.

same here bro....i also try to limit myself to figurines that resemble closely to the G1 cartoon rather than collecting everything they churne out......must be very careful....muahahah....btw, they should consider making dinobots full set.......that would look cool..... :finger:

_________________
*Freedom is the right of all sentient being.*

*Never give up! Never surrender!*

*Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching*


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm 
Offline
XL Talented
XL Talented

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 951
klawie wrote:
SKYWARP wrote:
Heheh, I know how you feel, bro.

Personally, the only repaints I buy are the seekers, since they appeared in the G1 cartoon as separate characters. The "made-up" ones like nemesis prime and "dark" rodimus didn't appear in the animation at all, so to me they are non-canon, which means I won't buy them.

same here bro....i also try to limit myself to figurines that resemble closely to the G1 cartoon rather than collecting everything they churne out......must be very careful....muahahah....btw, they should consider making dinobots full set.......that would look cool..... :finger:


Yeah, the DOTM line is a bit dissapointing, except for the retooled Optimus Jetwing and Striker figs. There's also a rumor that Hasbro is working on a Leader class Megatron and Shockwave. Megatron might be worth buying.

I'd really like some dinobots. But given Japan's [and America's] economy these days, the companies will all try to play safe and redo the same old things again and again, because they are popular items [Optimus, Starscream, etc.]


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 am 
Offline
XL Expert
XL Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am
Posts: 1947
SKYWARP wrote:
Yeah, the DOTM line is a bit dissapointing, except for the retooled Optimus Jetwing and Striker figs. There's also a rumor that Hasbro is working on a Leader class Megatron and Shockwave. Megatron might be worth buying.

I'd really like some dinobots. But given Japan's [and America's] economy these days, the companies will all try to play safe and redo the same old things again and again, because they are popular items [Optimus, Starscream, etc.]

agreed bro...the DOTM line was a let down.....much more could be done....but as u said....in these economics.....play safeis the thing they do....sigh... :dunno:

_________________
*Freedom is the right of all sentient being.*

*Never give up! Never surrender!*

*Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching*


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:01 am 
Offline
XL Talented
XL Talented

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 951
klawie wrote:
agreed bro...the DOTM line was a let down.....much more could be done....but as u said....in these economics.....play safeis the thing they do....sigh... :dunno:


The thing is, the DOTM line's failure isn't so much due to the economy as their decision to cave into parents' demands. You see, right after ROTF, there were rumors that parents wrote letters/emails to Hasbro, saying the ROTF toys were too complex for their idiot--...I mean young children to transform.

So, they decided to simplify the transformation a lot, and also added the mechtech thing to please the parents, so that it looks like there's more value to the toy.

Now here is where economics comes into play: because of the economy, they have to keep the prices the same. But where will the money for the plastic that makes up the mechtech weapons come from?

The main figure, bro.

So, we get a simplified, smaller toy because some parents are butthurt that their little Timmy and Billy don't have the brain power to figure out how to convert Optimus into a truck.

Don't you just love new age parenting? "sumpah" "sumpah" "sumpah"


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 am 
Offline
XL Expert
XL Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am
Posts: 1947
SKYWARP wrote:
klawie wrote:
agreed bro...the DOTM line was a let down.....much more could be done....but as u said....in these economics.....play safeis the thing they do....sigh... :dunno:


The thing is, the DOTM line's failure isn't so much due to the economy as their decision to cave into parents' demands. You see, right after ROTF, there were rumors that parents wrote letters/emails to Hasbro, saying the ROTF toys were too complex for their idiot--...I mean young children to transform.

So, they decided to simplify the transformation a lot, and also added the mechtech thing to please the parents, so that it looks like there's more value to the toy.

Now here is where economics comes into play: because of the economy, they have to keep the prices the same. But where will the money for the plastic that makes up the mechtech weapons come from?

The main figure, bro.

So, we get a simplified, smaller toy because some parents are butthurt that their little Timmy and Billy don't have the brain power to figure out how to convert Optimus into a truck.

Don't you just love new age parenting? "sumpah" "sumpah" "sumpah"

i agree on the new age parenting.......our parents used to asked us to figure it out or dun play with the toys....... :evil:
nowadays parents too pampered their child oledi.....hope we not like that next time....kekekekek :D
they just should have put more effort into the leader clss and not on some crappy class.......sigh.... :Woo:
btw, u got any of the new optimus from DOTM?

_________________
*Freedom is the right of all sentient being.*

*Never give up! Never surrender!*

*Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching*


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:53 am 
Offline
XL Talented
XL Talented

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 951
klawie wrote:
i agree on the new age parenting.......our parents used to asked us to figure it out or dun play with the toys....... :evil:
nowadays parents too pampered their child oledi.....hope we not like that next time....kekekekek :D


Heheh, back in our day, we'll be damn happy if our parents are even willing to buy a TF for us, usually only reserved to birthdays and when you get an A in your report card. Forget about whining when you can't transform the toy...most likely kids back then would get a big slap on the face if he dares to complain after her gets a Transformer. :lol:

If and when I have a kid, I'll teach him to use his brain and try to figure it out using the instructions. The brain is like a muscle, if he don't train it, it won't grow, hahaha.

klawie wrote:
they just should have put more effort into the leader clss and not on some crappy class.......sigh....


I agree. I think the biggest problem with leader class is the compulsory lights and sounds. Those things take up space inside the body [LED bulbs, sound chip, speaker, and batteries] and make the figure much "fatter" than it should be.

klawie wrote:
btw, u got any of the new optimus from DOTM?


Only two: Jetwing Optimus and the DMK dual model kit. I also wanted the Striker Optimus, but I think I've already maxed out my funds for now.

I PO'ed a lot of stuff lately, including the DX Chogokin renewal version Ozma VF, Playarts Kai Lightning and Sera, and a few other stuff I can't even remember, hahaha....why am I laughing?! "stress" "stress" "stress"

How about you, bro? Bought any DOTM toys?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
XL Expert
XL Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am
Posts: 1947
SKYWARP wrote:
Heheh, back in our day, we'll be damn happy if our parents are even willing to buy a TF for us, usually only reserved to birthdays and when you get an A in your report card. Forget about whining when you can't transform the toy...most likely kids back then would get a big slap on the face if he dares to complain after her gets a Transformer. :lol:

If and when I have a kid, I'll teach him to use his brain and try to figure it out using the instructions. The brain is like a muscle, if he don't train it, it won't grow, hahaha.


yeap yeap......my parents also only allow me to purchase for b/days, or good result in report cards.....or sometimes due to i manage to save up some money from my pocket money......and also dun wan to pamper my kids next time....they must flex their brain muscles as u said........ :finger:

SKYWARP wrote:
I agree. I think the biggest problem with leader class is the compulsory lights and sounds. Those things take up space inside the body [LED bulbs, sound chip, speaker, and batteries] and make the figure much "fatter" than it should be.

come to think of it....true also....though these features are a must but it also bulks up the figures.......but i still think they can do it...... :evil:

SKYWARP wrote:
Only two: Jetwing Optimus and the DMK dual model kit. I also wanted the Striker Optimus, but I think I've already maxed out my funds for now.

I PO'ed a lot of stuff lately, including the DX Chogokin renewal version Ozma VF, Playarts Kai Lightning and Sera, and a few other stuff I can't even remember, hahaha....why am I laughing?! "stress" "stress" "stress"

How about you, bro? Bought any DOTM toys?

wow....very big PO list u have there.....very cool....but the wallet sure feel uncool about it....hehehe...imagine if the wallet can talk....sure :mad: at us......kekekeke.....as for me....i wanted to get the jetwing too as it is rather cool....but i feel this time around with no chrome and also just a minor change to the figure, i have skip the DOTM series so far....unless they comes out with something that might interest me....but that is just me...... lar....kekeke.....

_________________
*Freedom is the right of all sentient being.*

*Never give up! Never surrender!*

*Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching*


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:29 pm 
Offline
XL Talented
XL Talented

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 951
klawie wrote:
come to think of it....true also....though these features are a must but it also bulks up the figures.......but i still think they can do it...... :evil:


Basically, the biggest problem is the batteries. If they can start using button cell batteries aka wristwatch batteries, then most of the bulk would be gone. The thing that might be preventing Hasbro from doing that could be the higher cost of the button cell batteries.

But of course, stupid design decisions alone can ruin a figure. Remember leader class ROTF Megatron's no-elbow cannon arm? They wanted to add an exploding sound effect to the missile trigger, which probably resulted in the omission of the elbow joint, so that the wire can be attached through the forearm into the body.

What the heck...back in our day, we had to make our own sound effects, hahaha!

klawie wrote:
wow....very big PO list u have there.....very cool....but the wallet sure feel uncool about it....hehehe...imagine if the wallet can talk....sure :mad: at us......kekekeke.....as for me....i wanted to get the jetwing too as it is rather cool....but i feel this time around with no chrome and also just a minor change to the figure, i have skip the DOTM series so far....unless they comes out with something that might interest me....but that is just me...... lar....kekeke.....


Heheh, if my wallet could speak, you will be hearing four-letter words in Tamil, Cantonese, Mandarin, Malay, English and Swahili. Besides these figures, I'm also waiting for a few PS3 games coming up. Dynasty Warriors 7 Extreme Legends and FF XIII-2 are on my list.

And if my wallet could move, it would have tried to stab me with a kitchen knife long ago... :-D

As for Jetwing, you can still add some silver paint yourself, if you don't mind doing some DIY. Just mask the parts you don't want to spray, get a can of either Tamiya, GS Mr Hobby, or Pylox [this is the cheapest and available in most hardware stores], and spray away. For a more durable finish, add a layer of clear coat.

Honestly, I prefer spraying silver paint on the parts myself, because chrome can scratch off easily if you're not careful during handling or transformation.

BTW, I think you might be interested if they really make DOTM leader class Megatron. I really like his alt mode and look in the movie.

Also, what do you think of the TF Prime line? I'm tempted to buy some of the deluxe figures like Arcee and Cliffjumper, but a little scared to start another line. I really like the CG series, but not sure if the toys themselves will look good on display in my shelf... :retard:

It's kind of a strange mix between Micheal Bay's super-realistic design and TF Animated's cartoon look.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline
XL Expert
XL Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am
Posts: 1947
SKYWARP wrote:
What the heck...back in our day, we had to make our own sound effects, hahaha!

good point on the battery and design....very valid point.....as for the sound effects......i still prefer our own sounds...muahhahaha......more genuine.... :D

SKYWARP wrote:
Heheh, if my wallet could speak, you will be hearing four-letter words in Tamil, Cantonese, Mandarin, Malay, English and Swahili. Besides these figures, I'm also waiting for a few PS3 games coming up. Dynasty Warriors 7 Extreme Legends and FF XIII-2 are on my list.

And if my wallet could move, it would have tried to stab me with a kitchen knife long ago... :-D

As for Jetwing, you can still add some silver paint yourself, if you don't mind doing some DIY. Just mask the parts you don't want to spray, get a can of either Tamiya, GS Mr Hobby, or Pylox [this is the cheapest and available in most hardware stores], and spray away. For a more durable finish, add a layer of clear coat.

Honestly, I prefer spraying silver paint on the parts myself, because chrome can scratch off easily if you're not careful during handling or transformation.

BTW, I think you might be interested if they really make DOTM leader class Megatron. I really like his alt mode and look in the movie.

Also, what do you think of the TF Prime line? I'm tempted to buy some of the deluxe figures like Arcee and Cliffjumper, but a little scared to start another line. I really like the CG series, but not sure if the toys themselves will look good on display in my shelf... :retard:

It's kind of a strange mix between Micheal Bay's super-realistic design and TF Animated's cartoon look.

hahaha...our wallet might just do that if given a choice...muahahahah :D .....as for repainting myself.....it would be a good choice....should get into this self mod and repainting soon....then can make my figurines looks much better...kekeke :finger: ......as for the TF Prime line, i heard that the toys and anime maker collaborated and make sure that the tranformation is accurate to the anime.....if that is true, it is very worth getting.....similar to the transformers animated line too....where the toys are quite accurate to the to the anime both transformation and also looks and moves.......so if u think of getting it, u should.........i think it is worth it...... :finger:

_________________
*Freedom is the right of all sentient being.*

*Never give up! Never surrender!*

*Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching*


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Transformer News **Latest Update**
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 pm 
Offline
XL Talented
XL Talented

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 951
klawie wrote:
as for repainting myself.....it would be a good choice....should get into this self mod and repainting soon....then can make my figurines looks much better...kekeke :finger:


Yup, very true. I started out by touching up a cheap deluxe Bumblebee figure [a DOTM Bumblebee]. You'll be amazed by how much better a figure could look just with a few strokes of silver paint and some dry-brushing.

klawie wrote:
......as for the TF Prime line, i heard that the toys and anime maker collaborated and make sure that the tranformation is accurate to the anime.....if that is true, it is very worth getting.....similar to the transformers animated line too....where the toys are quite accurate to the to the anime both transformation and also looks and moves.......so if u think of getting it, u should.........i think it is worth it...... :finger:


Thanks for the advice, bro. Yeah, the figs overall look quite accurate, especially Bulkhead.

I think I'll go ahead and buy a few TF Prime figs. But I'll skip deluxe Starscream and Voyager Optimus and Megatron. There's a voyager class Starscream confirmed, and possibly a leader class Optimus and Megatron. The smaller classes are okay, but out of scale with the deluxe ones.

I just hope I can still find some around here. TF Prime is quite popular, and the first wave has already been released a while now. I'll try to get the Hasbro versions [cheaper], but if not, I'll have to wait for the Takara versions with shiny paint and chrome [but more expensive.]


Back to top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 606 posts ] 

Board index : Toy's Land : Mecha, Robots, Sci-Fi & Custom Made

Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style by Midnight Phoenix & N.Design Studio
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.