Newbie here, am learning how to maintain HTs from the experiences of others as much as i can while waiting for my first HT(DX12) to arrive, so that i can maintain my HT in proper way from the first day.
So below are my conclusions after reading the whole thread:
1. Display HT in a display box, but need to open the case once in a while to provide air flow.
2. Put a pack of silica gel in the display case to get rid of humidity. (but i think this will affect the appearance of the figure)
3. HT must be posted with a stand, to provide full stability and prevent it from falling in the future.
4. Do not bend the joints or else it will break/crack.
Please correct me if i'm wrong or if there's anything else i might have missed out.
Thank you very much.
All my opinions, not necessarily correct.
1. It's better not to keep in the box if the figure has rubber / leather / PVC material.
2. Not sure about silica gel. Can just use thirsty Hippo.
3. All my figures stand without using the stand. So long you posted the correct standing posture, the figure should not fall over time.
Unless it has weak knee joints then the stand should be useful.
But bear in mind, using the stand might also cause marks on the figure over time (under the crotch or around the waist).
4. What the use of buying articulate figure if you can only post him standing still? Might as well buy statue.
So, bend all you want, play all you want.
Most importantly, ENJOY IT!
Everything will get worn out over time, even human.