Believe or not, he may look like a monster, but he's the good guy.
When it's time to kick some serious monsters butt, you have to call in the professionals from BPRD, and you bring in the Big Red; Hellboy!
Ok, I need to say a few things quickly about Hot Toys Hellboy.
1. Great packaging as usual.
2. Could do without the outer box sleeve though.
3. Sculpt: Fantastic. It's mini Ron Perlman as Hellboy in the house.
4.Paintjob:Quite faultless. Except my Hellboy has a tiny itsy weeny white dot on his nose.
5. Costume: Fantastic tailoring. He comes with so many beads, chains, pouches and all that stuff, please do not open him on your bed. Some of these tiny itsy weeny beads could drop out.
6. A Hellboy is judged by the shoes he wears. Look at them shoes, the replication is superb in everydetail, and the painting is fantastic. Nice shoes, Big Red.
7. What's Hellboy without guns? I love the guns. I love Big Baby. They painted them nicely, the nice touch is that the barrels can turn! The guns have a weathered effect look. Nice, nice.
8. If you want to use Hellboy's gloved left hand to hold The Good Samaritan, you need to pull that piece of plastic with the peg away from his regular opened-hand. I wish the gloved hand was already with a peg. Quite hard to pull.
Some words of caution:
The stand is at the back of the black plastic. So be careful when opening Hellboy, your stand could fall off and hit your toe. It did to me. HT should have taped the stand to the black plastic.
Hellboy is tied down with at least 4 twisty ties.
Before you turn Hellboy over to untie him, please keep the transparent plastic tray on to the black plastic tray. If not, all your six red bullets from Big Baby will come falling out, the guns will fall out,the hand will fall out etc. It happened to me.
Last but not least, please follow HT's instruction sheet which tells you that your Hellboy muscled body can only be posed in certain ways. Do not raise his arms to the top, as if "Freeze, this is a robbery" kind of raise your arms. Do not turn his arms all the way to the back....well you read it up.
His foot joints are quite loose, so you can turn his foot inwards /outwards quite easily. In, Out, In, Out, tee hee, that was fun.
Watch out for his tail. This is not your regular 12" HT man doll. This one comes with tail.
Oh and one last thing, please cut your nails if you have long nails. Because you wouldn't want your nails to leave a mark on Hellboy's rubber ribs when you pull him out of the tray, eh?
Overall, the verdict is, I'm glad I took Hellboy home.
Post pics of yours when you get him.
Until then, have a good Hellboy time.