Board index : Toy's Land : XL Forumers Collections Gallery

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: Deric's Corner (NEW & LAST UPDATES! @ Page 205)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

Hi everyone!

Welcome to my so-called "Deric's corner" thread. (a lil nervous starting my own thread :p )

I've been around for some time now, mostly browsing around and putting some replies and comments and i think its time for me to share as well.

I'm currently in the process of moving in to a new place, and once done, I can share my tiny little collection. (pls dont laugh at my collection, really really small compared to all the senior mentors here. :lol: )

But before I can start, I need help for 2 things,
1. Some advice / guide for me to get a really good cabinet (not custom as I'm all dried out for renovation :biggrin: ). Was thinking to go for billy bookcase, any comments? Or should I search for those in desa petaling furniture store?
2. Some "idiot proff" guide for me to post picture here. Hehehehe...

Thanks for your visit!

XL ROX! :yeah:

-Deric-

How many of your friends have I killed?

Last edited by derichong on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 am, edited 148 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Deric's Corner
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:08 am 
XL Talented
XL Talented

derichong wrote:
But before I can start, I need help for 2 things,
1. Some advice / guide for me to get a really good cabinet (not custom as I'm all dried out for renovation :biggrin: ). Was thinking to go for billy bookcase, any comments? Or should I search for those in desa petaling furniture store?
You could visit {{here}} for ideas. Or, a cheaper way(in my opinion :Woo: ) is to get yourself some Ekea's Detolf cabinets (rm199 each now), which is cheap compared to other alternatives. :Woo: :Woo:

derichong wrote:
2. Some "idiot proff" guide for me to post picture here. Hehehehe...
You might want to open an account at {{Photobucket.com}}. Where you could load your pictures from your pc, and post them here by highlighting them under [img]. :Woo:

Or, you could do it now simply by attaching the pictures from your pc while you're posting here. :pai seh: :pai seh:

Hope to see some pictures soon ~ :smile: :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:06 am 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

Hi Sis Minky!

It's an honor for you to post a reply in my thread.. :salute:

Yeah, I've been looking at Sis Modo's thread and getting some advice from her too.

Well, been running back and forth in Ikea nowadays but its cabinets are either too expensive (I loved ASPVIK), or I think it's rather small (not to say I have a huge collections) bcos I wanted all my figures in 1 cabinet instead of several cause I've rather limited place. Therefore, can't afford to get another cabinet to put into my limited space room. :wasted:

Well, the good news is, I got myself a rather huge book cabinet. Yeah, u read it right, a book cabinet, which means no lights. Hahahaha... I'm not sure if this is a really good ideas too but like I said, its rather huge. I think I can put my books + my figures there.

Yes, I shall post some photo once I am all set.... heehee... but rather small collection la compared to you all here, so, dont be suprised. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:13 am 
XL Talented
XL Talented

Hey derichong bro nice to see you around.

One good choice if you are shopping for a cabinet that is not too expensive and quite reasonable is the Billy Bookcase from Ikea.

Here is a sample of the custom glass me and spiderben did last time round.

Overall the budget was still less than what was ikea was charging, since one side glass door for the Billy bookcase is priced at RM199.

I did for 2 billy cabinets only cost me around RM450++ which means only roughly about RM225 per billy.

Now thats a bargain right?

Hehe hope it helps.

Cheers
QS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:22 am 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

Hey bro quiksilve!

Thanks for visiting...!

Yeah, been reading on how you and spiderben bro did some real good job on customising cabinet, which I hoped I have the skills too.. hahahaa..

Well, for skill-less ppl like me, have to resort to buying liow... :drunken:

At the same time, I have less than five 12" figures, and I have lots of 6" figures + gashapon... So I need a rather "deep" cabinets for now.

Maybe somewhere in the future, if I have more than ten 12" figures, I will resort to you to teach me how to customise a budgetted cabinet. Hehehe.. :smile:

Oh, speaking of it, does anyone know where I can get to buy / custom-made the so-called "ladder" which is used to display gashapon?? Doesn't have to be glass-material, can be plastic too...

Thanks again bro quiksilve for ur advice... :cheer:

btw, you didnt get BR joker?? Still see your original joker there... or is this pic outdated? Hehehe.. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 am 
XL Talented
XL Talented

Oh actually its a rather simple D.I.Y. method if really wanna do like what you see.

For those ladder or staircase plastic to display your gashapon can be done at any frame shop. You just need to tell them what measurement and material you want. Then finally negotiate the price too. Sure thing no worries if you really need any help or advise just drop me a message. I'm always around the forum.

Yeah got my bank robber already, just that that photo is an old one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 pm 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

Yeah, I was told the same thing but they said if do at the frame shop, usually its charged much higher. Any idea roughly how much for a plastic staircase at a decent size?

Thanks bro... u have been great help! :salute:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:23 pm 
XL Talented
XL Talented

derichong wrote:
Hi Sis Minky!

It's an honor for you to post a reply in my thread.. :salute:
WAH !!! Why you're talking so serious like I'm some kinda VIP... :pai seh: :pai seh:

derichong wrote:
Well, been running back and forth in Ikea nowadays but its cabinets are either too expensive (I loved ASPVIK), or I think it's rather small (not to say I have a huge collections) bcos I wanted all my figures in 1 cabinet instead of several cause I've rather limited place. Therefore, can't afford to get another cabinet to put into my limited space room. :wasted:

Well, the good news is, I got myself a rather huge book cabinet. Yeah, u read it right, a book cabinet, which means no lights. Hahahaha... I'm not sure if this is a really good ideas too but like I said, its rather huge. I think I can put my books + my figures there.
Well, I myself have SEVERAL display at home. I have 4 level of wall shelves in my room :pai seh: , 2 big and 1 small book cabinets(with glass door) in the upstairs hall :oops: , and 3 detolf cabinets in the living room :retard: :retard: .(And yet I'm still running out of space for display... :wasted: )

derichong wrote:
Yes, I shall post some photo once I am all set.... heehee... but rather small collection la compared to you all here, so, dont be suprised. :oops:
We all starts small what. :Woo: My collection only starts to increase AGGRESSIVELY in the last 3 years. :p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:16 pm 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

minky wrote:
WAH !!! Why you're talking so serious like I'm some kinda VIP... :pai seh: :pai seh:

Hahaha.. to me, all of you seniors are VVIP + mentor to me mah... :lol:

Quote:
Well, I myself have SEVERAL display at home. I have 4 level of wall shelves in my room :pai seh: , 2 big and 1 small book cabinets(with glass door) in the upstairs hall :oops: , and 3 detolf cabinets in the living room :retard: :retard: .(And yet I'm still running out of space for display... :wasted: )

From your description, can tell you are staying at a rather huge double-storey house. FYI, my new house is condo nia... :oops: And I only have the smallest room as my "study room" + "computer room" + "display room" + "store room"!!! Oh oh... your 4 level of wall shelves are custom-made? How much roughly? I really like to have wall shelves but have to custom made.. :(

Quote:
We all starts small what. :Woo: My collection only starts to increase AGGRESSIVELY in the last 3 years. :p

I started in year 2005 (if not mistaken) but still small collections.. not that I mind the current pace la... :p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:41 am 
XL Benshi
XL Benshi

After sneaking around XL Forum for 3 years, its time to share my collections to everyone here!

There are quite a number of photos, please be patient...

Now here we gooooo...

FIGMA - SABER

FRAULEIN - ASUKA

TOM & JERRY

TOMB RAIDER

SPAWN 10TH ANNIVERSARY

MATRIX

I"S - Iori Yoshizuki

POTC - CAPTAIN JACK

LOTR - THE ONE RING

DORAEMON

SUPERMAN RETURNS

RANMA 1/2

REVOLTECH - DANTE

REVOLTECH - OPTIMUS & MEGATRON

AVP

GOW - KRATOS
[IMG]

GUNDAMS

DISNEY

300 Exclusive Leonidas

RX VS SHADOW MOON

MARIO

FINAL FANTASY SERIES

KINGDOM HEARTS

DRAGON BALL Z

MARVELS

SPIDEY

TRANSFORMERS

SIDESHOW - DARTH MAUL

HT JOKER
TORN!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's all folks!

P/S: If you feel drowsy :puke: after viewing, sorry for the poor quality shots. :wasted:

Board index : Toy's Land : XL Forumers Collections Gallery

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 205  Next