Board index : Toy's Land : General Topics

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Why NO Artsy-Fartsy Collection Display Set Up Geh?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm 
XL Sen-Sei
XL Sen-Sei

Hi guys,

Just something I was pondering for long long time geh. ^^
Hope you don't mind ha.

Ok, is like this:
I go online hoh, I look see look see, wah lau, those ang moh or some SG or even Filipino fellas collection ah, wah, like museum.

Very neat, custom display shelves, or some nice IKEA Besta shelves.
They got combination of soft lighting, spotlights, and then combine with framed posters or lithographs of superheroes or comics. Pendek kata, all in all, wah lau, looks very stylo-mylo, very good lah, very impressive, very museum like, very nice display.

I see in local scene, don't have this kind of display.
Mostly, just boxes and boxes in bedroom.
Yes, I myself always dreamed of those super premium display-collection rooms, but no budget to set up yet, plus my family always planning of moving out to new place later on. So, no do yet. Guilty guilty.
But I wonder lah, how come nobody got post or set up those premium looking display set up? :angry:

There used to be one guy in defunct play.com Malaysia forum who had rows and rows of neat IKEA Detolf shelves in a special collection room in his house, got nice curtains, parquette floor board and aircond. But fluorescent white tube lighting lah. Another guy had nice glass/wood white cabinets with his statues, and he also got life sized Biology skeleton prop in his room which I think also served as bedroom. But he sold all his stuff off liao.
Then there was a guy named MILF, wah lau, very nice display, nice shelves and framed movie posters. I remember his Planet of The Apes poster in black frame.

But all in all, not many lah.
How I wish I can see more such collector's set up. That would be awesome.
Is like looking at 'set-up' displays at IKEA at the Curve. Admire the collection combined with the furniture, it makes a complete set up lah for the home or part of home. Hmmm...... :0~ :0~

Wait ah, I dig my photobucket for some nice collection set-ups I saved.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Why NO Artsy-Fartsy Collection Display Set Up Geh?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:07 pm 
XL Sen-Sei
XL Sen-Sei

Ok, one is here, Insomniac. He put all in Flickr.com deh.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlee_pictu ... 15/detail/

This one not bad also.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=104296

Anybody like fishhead curry or fishhead mee hoon? It's a Trap! ^^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sideshowco ... 439679721/

Raul's Sideshow Collection by SideshowCollectibles, on Flickr

This one also nice, by figurecollector. Luis.

And this:
Mike's Sideshow Collection by SideshowCollectibles, on Flickr

Eugene's set up is nice here. The glass shelves and the Marvel stencils on the cupboards. But a bit overkill, and the brick walls and paintings motifs in the background inside the glass shelve is too busy. If it was plain color would had been better. Me thinks. ^^

Eugene's Collection by SideshowCollectibles, on Flickr

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=107148

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 am 
XL Kouchou
XL Kouchou

nice sharing bro :finger: :finger: :finger:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:40 pm 
XL Junior
XL Junior

It's probably a malaysian/singaporean thing ... shy or lazy or private.

When see pics from uncle of sales, can see so many people, different walks of life, buying and buying. But yet no online presence.

Or maybe in the end, malaysians are $$$ challenged, not enough for museum. Long time back saw collector pics on this forum, who has 1:1 spiderman, hellboy bust/guns ... but i think also quit.

demonhunter360 wrote:
Hi guys,

Just something I was pondering for long long time geh. ^^
Hope you don't mind ha.

Ok, is like this:
I go online hoh, I look see look see, wah lau, those ang moh or some SG or even Filipino fellas collection ah, wah, like museum.

Very neat, custom display shelves, or some nice IKEA Besta shelves.
They got combination of soft lighting, spotlights, and then combine with framed posters or lithographs of superheroes or comics. Pendek kata, all in all, wah lau, looks very stylo-mylo, very good lah, very impressive, very museum like, very nice display.

I see in local scene, don't have this kind of display.
Mostly, just boxes and boxes in bedroom.
Yes, I myself always dreamed of those super premium display-collection rooms, but no budget to set up yet, plus my family always planning of moving out to new place later on. So, no do yet. Guilty guilty.
But I wonder lah, how come nobody got post or set up those premium looking display set up? :angry:

There used to be one guy in defunct play.com Malaysia forum who had rows and rows of neat IKEA Detolf shelves in a special collection room in his house, got nice curtains, parquette floor board and aircond. But fluorescent white tube lighting lah. Another guy had nice glass/wood white cabinets with his statues, and he also got life sized Biology skeleton prop in his room which I think also served as bedroom. But he sold all his stuff off liao.
Then there was a guy named MILF, wah lau, very nice display, nice shelves and framed movie posters. I remember his Planet of The Apes poster in black frame.

But all in all, not many lah.
How I wish I can see more such collector's set up. That would be awesome.
Is like looking at 'set-up' displays at IKEA at the Curve. Admire the collection combined with the furniture, it makes a complete set up lah for the home or part of home. Hmmm...... :0~ :0~

Wait ah, I dig my photobucket for some nice collection set-ups I saved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 am 
XL Talented
XL Talented

Location: GANGSTERLAND. NEVER FUND FLIPPERS BY BUYING THEIR JACK-UP PRICED STATUES
to add on to what Demon bro started...
some of the displays here are awesome...

THESE 2 ARE MY FAVOURITE DISPLAYS:

BY CATCH

AND ???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:44 am 
XL Junior
XL Junior

Jaw dropping setups there.

The thing about this hobby is that the displays always come after the collection started and amassed ie inspiration is born after, not the other way round. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:40 pm 
XL Addict
XL Addict

that`s awesome!I`ll be moving end of this year and it`s time to think of the display design!woohoo!that`s interesting!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 pm 
XL Sen-Sei
XL Sen-Sei

Wah lau weh!!!! Great job, Rems!

I love that guy's Wolverine set up with the Museum Replica Wolverine 1:1 claws replica in the background. Classic! Absolutely classic!

The other guy with all the glass displays of his cinemaquettes of Arnie, T-X and Premium Format Captain America plus 3 singles black leather sofas + coffee table= ooh la la, classic. But I suspect that is an office reception set up or something because there is a bouquet of flowers with what looks like a congratulatory note stuck on it. Heck, it could even be a dentist's reception area!!! ^^ One statue lovin dentist though, muhahahahah.

Come on lah, Malaysians. Malaysia boleh, show me what you've got. Enough of the bujang one window bedrooms with boxes and boxes of unopened toys stacked wall high, we see lots of that online year after year. It's time to up the game, yo!!!! Wu-hu!!! Come on beh-beh, bling it! ^^

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 pm 
XL Sen-Sei
XL Sen-Sei

gaijin wrote:
Jaw dropping setups there.

The thing about this hobby is that the displays always come after the collection started and amassed ie inspiration is born after, not the other way round. :)

There was this one guy, he drew a plan, like a set up blue print for his statues display.

Basically, he marked out all the pre-orders he had for the rest of the year and some from last year at the beginning.

He ordered a custom display cabinet with shelvings, and he would photoshop stock photos of the SideShow statues from sideshow website onto the layout.

And when each piece arrives at his doorstep, he just unpacks and puts them up where he had marked on paper. Haha. ^^

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 am 
XL Kouchou
XL Kouchou

rems wrote:

this is awesome :finger: :finger: :finger: i wish i can ave one room like this "stress"

Board index : Toy's Land : General Topics

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next